Friday, August 10, 2012

Sugar and Spice

There are so many ways I could be cool about my recent turn of events and I am failing at them all 100%.

So just in case you've missed my gushing on Facebook let me fill you in on what I've been up to the last couple of days:

On Wednesday, I was in talks with Musa Publishing about my children's book series "A Sugar and Spice Cook-It-Yourself Tale" and they LOVED it! So my brand new editor (enter squeal here) and I came up with a 5 book proposal for the upcoming year (not a fiscal year) with the side note that I had even more ideas to fill up next year as well. It was very exciting and a great learning process. I'm having so much fun with this.


So you can expect to see the first installment of Sugar in Spice in time for Christmas! Yay! I think it'd make a great gift -- hint hint. Okay okay I'll stop the shameless pimping!


On top of that awesomeness -- I was already in talks with a big time agent (I kept it hush hush cuz I didn't want to jinx it) and she's totally MINE now! (I still don't bring it up much because I'm afraid I'll wake up and it won't be true)! I know I still have a long way to go to get my writing career where I want it but I really feel like I'm walking in the right direction and now have a foot in the door. Hmm how many other cliche's can I throw into this.

So wish me luck because now, not only am I juggling three kids, a husband, housework, web design, and cover artist, I'm also now throwing in a writing and illustrating children's book ball into the air. Won't it be fun to watch them all boink me on the head when I drop them? I'd say, "Please send chocolate." but I don't really eat it anymore.

No comments: