Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tuesday 1: Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday. Happy Birthday to me *singing*

So far today I've:

got to sleep in til a whopping 6:30. But to be fair the husband and children would've let me sleep longer, I'm sure, but I was awake and couldn't go back to sleep. So why not get a dog pile of children on me when the husband noticed I was laying in bed awake.

had Happy Birthday sung to me on the phone by my mom and moaned at me by my dad. Apparently someone, not mentioning any names *cough*Dad*cough* hit the champagne a little harder than he should've last night. I was super sympathetic and told him, "When you play you have to pay." Aren't I an awesome daughter?

made breakfast for the family. 4ft wanted Cream of Wheat so I made it for us, poured a bowl of cereal for the husband and Grumpers, and cut up a banana for Sassypants. So easy breakfast -- yay -- and I didn't even have to clean the kitchen afterward -- even bigger YAY!

made the batter for my birthday cake. I'm doing a buttermilk vanilla layer cake with oreo truffle filling and Italian buttercream frosting. I may or may not pipe a design on it, depends on how frisky I'm feeling when I'm putting it together.

broke not one but TWO dishes. One I did one handed the other I looked at funny I guess because I didn't even touch that one. I broke one of my favorite Pyrex casserole dishes trying to get another bowl out of it with only one hand. I didn't feel like putting my book down. The other dish -- one of my chocolate warmer pots -- leaped from the dish drainer in a kamikaze dive that would've made any suicide bomber proud and snapped the handle clear off.

took a shower. (how's that for seriously news worthy?)

and am now writing this.

What else am I going to do today? I have no idea. But according to my husband since it's my day I have to be the one to decide what it's going to be. I hate decisions.

No comments: