Tuesday, August 6, 2013

18 and life you got it...

So, yes, I have "18 and Life" by Skid Row stuck in my head this morning. It's better than having Meatloaf's, "I Would Do Anything For Love" which was the case the other morning. But then ANYTHING is better than that -- even like the "Macarena" or "Tom's Diner", you know? Great, now I have that stuck in my head. Thank you ear worm, thank you ever so much.

I've lost 14 lbs now which is cool. I only have 10 more to go. I meet with the food shrinks tomorrow morning to make sure I'm not a complete whack job. Lucky for me, I'm a great actress!

I am still loving "zoodles" and how versatile they are. I'm also really getting into using cauliflower as rice. There's a Spicy Chicken Fried Rice that I'm going to try out soon that looks absolutely delicious and Marye, the author of the blog, hasn't steered me wrong yet! So far I'm not missing the breads, pastas, and potatoes. I'm not missing the desserts either. But then, it helps that there is a "Fried Apple" recipe using zucchini that is amazing and really does taste like apples and a couple times a week I make an "egg crepe"* and fill it with fresh strawberries and a fresh whipped cream

4ft is in Oregon and I'm missing him terribly. Every night he calls to say goodnight and tell me what he's done that day. The first night he was gone he called me to tell me about having pie for dessert, the second day he called to say that he was good on the drive and he'd played on the beach , the third day it was he had french toast and climbed a tree, and the next was he'd had cookie dough ice cream. Thankfully his Uncle Josh gets on the phone after him and fills in with the trip to the lighthouse, swimming in the hot tub, and all the playing and running around he's doing. Grumpers and The Terror miss him terribly and walk around the house looking for him. We all can't wait til Saturday when he comes home. It's too quiet without his motormouth constantly running.

Egg Crepe

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 TBS Splenda
1 tsp cinnamon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp butter extract

Directions:
1.) beat all the ingredients together in a bowl until well mixed
2.) heavily spray large nonstick frying pan (I use a 12 inch) with cooking spray and turn on low
3.) pour mixture and make sure it covers bottom of pan and then cover with a lid.
4.) when almost done carefully flip the egg to get a cooked finish on the other side
5.) slide onto a plate and fill with 1/2 cup quartered strawberries (I add a little Splenda to get them juicier), roll up, and cover with fresh whipped cream or you can use a canned as well.

No comments: