Tuesday, August 27, 2013

And So It Begins...

The busy hectic crazy life of having 2 little ones at home and one in school. It doesn't help that every morning it's a battle with Grumpers to get him dressed and out the door to take 4ft to school. It's an orchestra of "No thank you's", "I want to stay home", "I don't like it", and general whining. But since I'm the adult and he's only three, I win and he is dressed, shoed, and out the door at the appointed time. I however am a frazzled mess that is being driven into an early grave. (Gray hair is the new black, right?)

We started up Cub Scouts again last night. I'm now the Bear Den Leader (I still can't believe they put me in charge. Clearly it was desperation.) and it was a lot of fun to see the boys after the summer break. We even got a new cub and he was really sweet and a lot of fun. So I spent a big portion of yesterday getting my Bear Den Binder ready (yes I really am a big ol' nerd) with meeting plans, and excel sheets for checking off achievements and electives. 

I had a serious "pat your back" moment yesterday. I had to go to the bank after dropping 4ft off at school and I vacillated between driving so I could just drop and bank and home or walking to and from school, loading kids in the van, and then going to the bank. I chose to walk. Yay me. I made a pact with myself that we would walk to and from school everyday unless it was raining -- I don't want anyone getting sick after all. 

The walking on top of eating no more than 20 carbs a day (and they only come from fruits and veggies) is really paying off. I'm ONE pound away from my goal weight. So I've lost 24lbs since mid July which is a 7.8% weight loss. Go me. 

So far (knock on wood), I haven't been craving anything. I make a sour cream yogurt when I just don't think I could stomach another egg (I'm pretty sure some days I bawk like a chicken). I have single servings of sugar-free lime cheesecake when I need to feed a sweets need. And you'd be amazed how zucchini and cauliflower can fill a pizza, mashed potato, or noodle need. You can also make zucchini chips which fill a crunch need when you don't want to munch on pork rinds.

Fabulous. Sassypants has stacked 7 cans of coke like blocks and they fell over and one exploded. Hooray. (yes that was sarcasm). Now I'm off to wash a baby and clean a kitchen floor.

No comments: