Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Thief

Sassy has a problem. She cannot walk by a pair of shoes or clothes without wanting to put them on. Doesn't matter if they're hers or not. Doesn't matter if they belong to her brothers or not. She doesn't even care if they belong to someone we know. Seriously, they don't even have to be clean. 

And shoe cubbies everywhere aren't safe when she's around.

Today, I was changing Grumpers' Pull-up (Yeah, he's never going to be potty trained. I just hold on to the idea that no kid ever went to college wearing a diaper so he too shall figure it out at some time...hopefully) and when I had finished clean up duty on Grumpers' butt, I reached for his shorts next to me but they weren't there. When I couldn't find them, I looked around for Sassy and didn't see her either. I found her in my room, behind my bed, wearing Grumpers' shorts over her clothes. She must've ever so slyly snuck by, snagged Grumpers' shorts and sprinted into the other room. 

To fully accessorize her ensemble, she also had on one pink sandal, one of 4ft's sneakers, and was putting one of my sports bras on her head. 

Unfortunately, by the time I got the camera, she had removed all the evidence so there would be no record to blackmail her with later. She's too smart for my own good. 

This was after her bath. She insisted (at the top of her lungs) that she still needed Grumpers' shorts on!


No comments: