Thursday, May 15, 2014

Carrot Cake Protein Popsicles


So, after making the Peach Pie a la Mode Protein Popsicles with huge success, I decided it would be fun to see what other desserts I could make into popsicles. I've also been dying to use my new juicer. Voila! Wouldn't carrot cake make an awesome popsicle? Well yes, it does.

But Lisa, I'm not the kitchen gadget whore you are (no one is really, don't feel bad) and I don't have a handy dandy new juicer. Never fear, you can still make these. You could use a food processor (O.o what you don't have one of those either?), you can also just grate the carrots and throw the gratings into a blender and blend the crap out of them. I would run the pulp through a fine mesh strainer so you don't get too much juice into the popsicle concoction, and ta da! You have carrot juice and pulp. Yay! 

These are not only deliciously spendiferous but they taste fun too. I love that the flavor is that of cake but frozen into a lickable form. I'm also one of those people who absolutely adore butter-flavored Jelly Belly's also. Mmmmm Jelly Belly. I haven't had any in ages. 4ft's been nagging me to go to the factory. It might be time to make a trip. 



Carrot Cake w/Cream Cheese Frosting Protein Popsicles

Ingredients
1/4 cup carrot juice
pulp of 3 carrots
1 banana
5.3 oz container toasted coconut Greek yogurt
4 TBS sugar free french vanilla syrup (divided)
1 TBS sugar free cinnamon syrup
1 TBS Splenda
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/4 Original Silk soy milk
1 5.3 oz container vanilla Greek yogurt
2 scoops of unflavored protein powder (divided)

Directions
1.) In a blender, combine cream cheese, vanilla yogurt, soy milk, 3 TBS SF french vanilla syrup, and 1 scoop of protein powder. Blend until creamy, pour into bowl, set aside.
2.) Juice 3 large carrot sticks. Should roughly give you 1/4 cup juice and 3 TBS pulp.
3.) Toss carrot juice, carrot pulp, banana, coconut yogurt, cinnamon syrup, 1 TBS SF french vanilla syrup, pumpkin pie spice, Splenda, and 1 scoop protein powder into blender (I didn't even bother washing it. I'm lazy that way) and blend until creamy.
4.) Pour carrot mix gently into cream cheese mix and swirl lightly. Gently spoon it into popsicle molds. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Enjoy.

** This made more than my molds could hold as well. I only have 6 of them. I poured the remainder into a freezer safe bowl, added 1/2 a sliced banana, and TBS of granola and it was a splendiferously delicious carrot cake parfait!

No comments: