Thursday, May 8, 2014

Iced Decaf Coffee w/Protein


I'm now seven months out from having surgery and still can't do breakfast in the morning. Every time I try, I get sick. And to top it all off if I take my fist full of vitamins with anything other than a protein drink, I get sick too. So after a lot of trying to eat actual food and take vitamins with water and a lot of time being sick from it, I decided enough was enough.

Meet my breakfast: Iced Decaf Coffee w/Protein. Iced Coffees are like smoothies in that you can change up the flavors and never get bored with them. Add different flavored sugar free syrups and different flavored protein powders and voila, something new. My current favorite (pictured) is Decaf Cinnamon Vanilla Nut coffee, with a splash of sugar free cinnamon syrup, with a scoop of cookies & cream protein powder. It a snickerdoodle you can drink. It's awesome. It doesn't make me sick, I can take my vitamins without getting sick, it counts toward my fluid intake, and it's totally filling  -- keeping me full until lunchtime.

Iced Protein Coffees are especially handy on busy mornings when you've got kids to get ready for school and don't have time to make eggs (blech, eggs. I still can't stand them. I used to at least tolerate them. Now I loathe them. *sigh*). And to be completely honest, I only drizzled the chocolate syrup and dolloped the whipped cream because it makes a prettier picture. I drink it without all the flash and pizzaz that makes it look like it was a professionally made drink. It's delicious with the chocolate and whipped cream, I mean I totally drank it, but it's just as yummy without all the pomp and circumstance not too mention quicker and easier in the morning. 



Iced Decaf Coffee w/Protein

Ingredients
1/2 cup Original Silk soy milk
1 cup really strong decaf coffee
1 TBS sugar free syrup 
1 scoop of flavored protein powder
lots of ice
1 TBS of sugar free chocolate syrup (optional)
Dollop of whipped cream (optional)
1 cinnamon stick (optional)

Directions
1.) Brew a really strong cup of your favorite decaf coffee
2.) Pour soy milk and sugar free syrup into a large shaker cup.
3.) Add coffee to shaker cup.
4.) Add protein powder to shaker cup and shake what your mama gave you. Shake it until the protein powder is completely blended and the drink is creamy.
5.) Pour over a cup filled to the top with ice and drizzled with chocolate syrup (optional) and garnished with a dollop of whipped cream and a cinnamon stick (also optional)

1 comment:

Decaf Coffee K-Cups said...

Love this recipe! It will be great after a workout, yes?