Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Vanilla & Cinnamon Swirl Protein Popsicles


I have a new addiction. Popsicles. I even asked for a juicer for Mother's Day so that I could get more sneaky with the veggies and really make my popsicles pack an even healthier punch. I might need an intervention. Just saying.

However, before my family gets that organized, you've got to try these pops. They are seriously splendiferous. Two words. Vanilla, Cinnamon, Swirled. Okay that was three but still, do I really need to say more? 

4ft and I just ate two a piece and you know what? We did it guilt free. Although, 4ft might cop to the fact that they're healthy sooner as opposed to later because I never let him eat two ice cream cones or store bought popsicles ever. The look of surprise on his face was worth it when he jokingly asked for another one and I said sure as I got one for me too.

Picky Eaters' Seal of Approval: Two thumbs up (didn't last long enough to make them sticky) and a cinnamon swirled sticky smile (I've yet to see a kid who can eat a popsicle without getting it all over their face).



Vanilla & Cinnamon Swirl Protein Popsicles

Ingredients
1 oz Sugar-Free Vanilla pudding mix
2 cups Original Soy Milk
2 scoops unflavored protein powder
1 tsp cinnamon extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions
1.) In a blender, combine vanilla pudding packet, soy milk, and protein. Blend on high until full mixed and creamy.
2.) Remove approximately 2/3 vanilla pudding from the blender into a large bowl. Set aside.
3.) Add cinnamon and cinnamon extract to blender. Blend on high until cinnamon is incorporated.
4.) Slowly drizzle the cinnamon flavored pudding onto the top of the vanilla. Take a knife and lightly swirl the cinnamon around.
5.) Gently pour into popsicle molds. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
6.) Enjoy!

No comments: