Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Grilled Ham & Cheese Chicken Roll-ups


Every once in awhile I jones for a grilled ham & cheese sandwich. The problem with them is now they give me "bread belly" which I try to avoid when all possible. So I wondered if I could feed the craving with a substitute. I gotta say, this came pretty close. My new favorite thing is putting a filling inside chicken (I get on these kicks and every recipe includes them til I find the next thing to rev on). So, when the sandwich craving hit, I filled the chicken with ham and cheddar. It was surprisingly delicious with little fuss and a short list of ingredients.

Picky Eaters' Seal of Approval: turkey noises as they gobbled it up and went back for seconds!


Grilled Ham & Cheese Chicken Roll-ups

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts -- pounded flat
4 slices of good black forest ham deli meat
1 cup shredded 2% mild cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder - divided
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2.) Pound chicken breasts really flat and season both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
3.) On each breast place a slice of deli ham and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Roll up like a burrito. Place open end down in a glass casserole dish.
4.) Bake for 15 minutes then turn heat up to broil to give the chicken some color. Let sit 5 minutes.
5.) Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the nutritional info for this please?