Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mexican "Hot" Chocolate Protein Popsicles


Who wants a normal fudgesicle when you can have a Mexican "Hot" Chocolate one? I mean a regular one will do in a pinch but why settle when you can throw these together in no time at all. Sure it takes at least 4 hours to freeze but that doesn't count -- you can watch tv or read a book to distract yourself long enough for these pops to set up. And trust me, they're worth the wait.

I love Mexican Hot Chocolate -- the beverage -- with the cinnamon spice and a soft kick at the end. I don't like a lot of cayenne pepper but a little really wakes up the chocolate especially with the cinnamon. It's too hot in the summer for hot chocolate. I'm ridiculously OCD when it comes to when it's appropriate to drink hot chocolate. I know people, like 4ft, who would drink it all the time if they could but when it's 90+ degrees outside no one should be drinking hot drinks (not even coffee -- I switch to iced as soon as it's past 70 degrees out) even if they are chocolate. No one. Especially me. No matter how badly I want it. Which is what led me to create a hot chocolate popsicle.

All the flavor and fun of Mexican hot chocolate and the bonus of having it cool you down on a hot day or after working out or while you're sitting watching tv or just out of a shower, just waking up, before going to bed...you know...whenever.


Mexican "Hot" Chocolate Protein Popsicles

Ingredients
2 cups original Silk soy milk
1 oz package of chocolate fudge sugar free instant pudding
2 scoops of chocolate flavored protein powder (or unflavored)
2 TBS sugar-free cinnamon syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
pinch of cayenne pepper

Directions
1.) Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix on high until fully incorporated, smooth, and creamy.
2.) Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 4 hours
3.) Enjoy!

No comments: