Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Derailed! Again! Kinda....

It is so ultimately frustrating to get back on track, be committed, and then have something else go wrong to derail my plans. Yesterday, my face swelled up like Eric Stoltz from Mask. I looked fine in the morning and by 4 pm yesterday afternoon I was doing my best Rocky impersonation (which was the name of Eric Stoltz's character in the movie). Although, I do kind of look like Rocky Balboa at the end of Rocky 1 after his face has been pummeled.

From what I can discern, my face is swollen because I got sunburned. I don't itch, I don't have hives, I'm not nauseous, nor dizzy. I can breathe fine and my throat isn't swollen. Nothing feels off. I don't even have a headache or any pain, just tight feeling skin which is expected when your face goes from normal to ginormous in the span of a few hours. So from all my research it appears to be a reaction to the sunburn and should go away when it heals. It's not serious as long as I don't show any of the above mentioned symptoms and there's not much they can do other than going to the doctor for a diuretic pill (which I'm currently without insurance and can't really afford) and using cold compresses on the swollen area. Which is how I'm keeping my left eye barely open.

So basically it seems to be just an inconvenience -- a sucky one at that!

So now to the derailment...kinda. I didn't workout last night. I wasn't sure what sweating would do to my swelling. I didn't really figure it could hurt it but my husband asked me not to just to be safe. I really think sweating might bring the swelling down but I don't really know. However, I did stay within my calorie range that I set for myself and ate small meals so while the exercise was a bust, the day wasn't a total washout.

So that's something at least!

--Previous Day Tracking (to keep me honest)--

No Exercise. I drank 12 glasses of water.

Meals:
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs w/ salsa and 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries
Mid-Morning Snack - strawberry Gogurt Simple
Lunch - broccoli, cheese, and turkey tortilla wrap and salad w/ yummy vinaigrette
Mid-Afternoon Snack - egg salad lettuce wrap and 2 dill pickle spears
Dinner - teriyaki chicken breast, brown rice, broccoli
Evening Snack - 1 cup of Frosted Mini-Wheats and 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries

No comments: