Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Doesn't Feel Like "Dieting"...

Well, I suppose it's technically not dieting, more like healthier choices. I don't tell myself I can't have Nacho Cheese Doritos (which I have) it's all about portion control and balancing them out with healthier foods. It just amazes me how much I can eat and stay within my target goals. Which is why it doesn't feel like I should be losing weight -- but I am. Which makes me wonder why ever did it take me so long to get back on track!

Yesterday, I had a yen for something sweet. We have the standard sweet fare that comes with having a 5-year-old but I didn't want that. So I got in my kitchen and did some inventing and came up with Angel Food Mini-Cakes. Portion-sized cakes that I can keep track of exactly how much I've eaten instead of trying to section off and entire cake and keep track that way. They turned out really good. I ate 4 of them yesterday and still didn't go over target. They're not quite as fluffy as an entire cake would've been but they're still good.

Remember that vinaigrette I made? I marinated a couple chicken breasts in it all day yesterday and then threw it in the broiler. OMG, it turned out so good. I'm definitely going to have to do that again. I also tossed some penne rigate pasta with a little olive oil, garlic, and a bunch of herbs to go with the chicken.

I used to be about quantity. It didn't matter what it tasted like because I ate how much of whatever I wanted. Now I'm about quality. It's gotta be delicious to enjoy every bite because I only allow myself certain amounts. I really enjoy quality portion controlled eating but I do miss some things though -- like a good Chinese food buffet.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 42 minutes on the Wii Fit -- burning 316 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water. Day 3 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - scrambled eggs and sliced strawberries
Mid-Morning Snack - (had an early lunch)
Lunch - Tuna Salad and 2 dill pickle spears, and some Ritz Reduced Fat Crackers
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 turkey sandwich and 4 Angel Food Mini-Cakes
Dinner - Broiled Chicken Breast, Italian Herb and Garlic Penne Rigate, and green beans.
Evening Snack - 1 cup of Frosted Mini-Wheats

total calories = 1368

No comments: