Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wasn't Quick Enough!

When Mr. Grumpybutt is fussy, nothing puts him in a good mood like 'flying'. I lay on my back and lift him, horizontally, over my head. Then he soars around and when he hits turbulence he drops toward my chest (a fun way for me to lift 'weight').

Well Mr. G is teething, which means a lot of drool, which adds a whole new dimension to the whole 'flying' experience.

Usually, I'm quicker but yesterday, I was too slow. I saw the drool form and the devilish glint in his eye and I quickly started anti-drool maneuvers. He countered, and I ended up with a glob of baby drool in the face. Up my nose and across my lips (as I had the presence of mind to close my mouth). As I sputtered and set him down to wipe my face and blow my nose, I could hear his grumpyness's evil giggling and 3ft's hysterical laughter.

Normally lifting baby iron is a fun way to do some strength training. My mommy brain engages on his smiles and giggles and I don't notice the burn (he's like 17 pounds now). I also will lift him longer than I would normal hand weights because he's having so much fun. A face full of drool, unfortunately, makes it less fun for me

but

3ft is all about me doing it now. He's constantly bugging me to make Mr. Grumpybutt fly and as soon as I pick the baby up, 3ft starts chanting, "Drool. Drool. Drool."

As if Mr. Grumpybutt needs any encouragement!

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 40 minutes on the Wii Fit -- burning 312 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water. Day 2 of no soda (I drank diet so it wasn't like I was adding calories or anything but water is so much better for you)

Meals:
Breakfast - 2 eggs w/ salsa and sliced strawberries
Mid-Morning Snack - (had an early lunch)
Lunch - Tuna Salad and 3 dill pickle spears
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 turkey sandwich, 4 Nacho cheese Doritos, and a Gogurt Simple
Dinner - Barbecue Broiled Pork Tenderloin, potatoes au gratin, and broccoli
Evening Snack - 1 cup of Frosted Mini-Wheats

total calories = 1351

No comments: