Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's Really Working!

As if I should've doubted.

I had a pivotal moment yesterday. I realized that only after a week of working out religiously and making healthy food choices that it's already working.

I live in an upstairs apartment. It used to be, after slowly climbing to the top of the stairs I'd be winded. Yesterday, I noticed after I'd jogged up and down the stairs twice in a row (to get things I'd forgotten) I wasn't winded. I didn't struggle to climb them -- I just jogged right up. It put a huge smile on my face.

My other shining moment yesterday: I spent the entire day with my parents, I went to McDonalds, Jack in the Box, and Applebees with them and I stayed within my caloric, carb, fat, and protein intake goals. I'm very proud of myself.

And (drum roll please) the moment we've all been waiting for. Did she hit her 2lb loss for the week? No. She didn't.

I lost 4 pounds! (booty shake) Bring it, Week Two!

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - Did 35 minutes of Wii Fit = 312 calories burned. Did a lot of trips up and down my stairs. Drank 12 glasses of water.

Meals:
Breakfast - Egg McMuffin (no cheese) and a Fruit & Yogurt Parfait (without granola)
Mid-Morning Snack - (had a late breakfast so skipped this snack)
Lunch - Jack in the Box Chicken Fajita Pita (no cheese)
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Tuna salad, 2 dill pickle spears, one garlic stuffed olive
Dinner - Peppercorn top sirloin, red potatoes, mixed vegetables
Evening Snack - 1 cup of Frosted Mini-Wheats and a Gogurt Simple

2 comments:

Susana & Chris said...

Yeah for you! When you're ready you can have my old pants and use them for capris!

Lisa Dovichi said...

Capris? Hardly. Shorts are more like it! (I know how short you are)