Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 30. Getting Easier.

Finally, some of the strength training I'm doing is getting easier and I'm not wanting to kill the inventor of them. Tortures like the plank, and the one where you sit down and lift yourself off the floor with your arms and one leg while the other leg is lifted (in a bridge sort of move. Know what I'm talking about? I never can remember it's name), are more doable. Still tough but I can do the complete set and then wish I was dead instead of wanting to maim someone after the first one. It's nice to know it's working.

My balance is also getting better. So I'm able to hold yoga poses more steadily. I'm still a little wobbly but I'm not falling over or having to break pose to avoid falling over. I almost took out a lamp the first time I did my yoga routine. Now I just sort of sway and quiver as I try to remain balanced.

I'm also able to jog in place (at a pretty fast clip) for 10 minutes. The Wii says I've ran a mile and a half -- I don't know how true that is but the fact I can jog for 10 minutes when it was a struggle for 1 is pretty freaking awesome if you ask me (and even if you don't, so there!).

I'm glad my body is bouncing back quickly to things I used to be able to do before I got pregnant with Mr. Grumpybutt. I used to be able to do all of it and I was really disheartened to find I couldn't anymore when I busted out the Wii Fit and struggled with a lot of the exercises. It's amazing how fast you can lose your muscles when you quit working out diligently.

No more. Now, I'm back to liking to workout and liking to be all sweaty -- that is until I'm done, then I desperately want a shower. My husband hasn't had to "force" me to workout once in a couple of weeks now. Go me!

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 48 minutes on the Wii Fit -- burning 312 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water -- day 25 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - Cream of Wheat, sliced strawberries, blueberries, and sliced frozen bananas
Lunch - my version of a Maui Zaui Pizza
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 turkey sandwich, 1 pickle spears, some pretzels, and a pack of 100 Calorie Right Bites - striped shortbread.
Dinner - Pseudo Fried Chicken Salad w/ chopped tomato, broccoli, green beans, and chives
Evening Snack - split a Skinny Cow Mint Ice Cream Cone w/ 3ft and some Frosted Mini-Wheats (no milk)

total calories = 1466
total days = 30
total pounds lost = 11.3

No comments: