Friday, July 9, 2010

Giving Some Thought.

I've secretly always wanted to run in a marathon. Bet you didn't know that did you? But before I even think about doing so, I want to be sure I can actually finish one and not embarrass myself. I'd started taking up running before I got pregnant with Mr. Grumpybutt and found that I enjoyed it for what little bit I could do before I was winded and slowed to a really fast walk. I'd like to start doing it again but actually be able to.

So I've been giving some thought to trying out the Couch to 5k running program. It sounds like something I could do (even though I'm not quite couch potato status anymore). I've read a lot about people it's worked for on SparkPeople.com (which is where I plug in the food I eat and find out the calories, fat, protein, and carbs) and I don't think they're affiliated with the program but actual users.

The problem is finding the 20 - 30 minutes I can be outside without 3ft and Mr. Grumpybutt. If I start this program I know I'm going to have to go back to working out in the evening after my husband gets home from work (as early mornings aren't doable -- I'm already up at 5am with the kids and I'm so NOT getting up any earlier). And I remember how much I didn't like it before but that was also when I was struggling to just exercise anyway. I think a plus is I'll be outside, can have my tunes going, and can get away from it all for a bit.

Before I can start, I'll need to get a stopwatch. I need to be able to keep track of the time I'm doing it as it's 30 seconds of this and 90 seconds of that til you've done 20 minutes (at least in the beginning, anyway). And I need to make a running songs playlist so I can have some adrenaline pumping music to run too.

I think I'll start next week.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - 47 minutes on the Wii Fit -- burning 314 calories. Drank 12 glasses of water -- day 26 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - eggs, toast, sliced strawberries, blueberries, and sliced frozen bananas
Lunch - my version of a Maui Zaui Pizza
Mid-Afternoon Snack - 1/2 tuna sandwich, 1 pickle spears, some pretzels, and a Gogurt Simple
Dinner - London Broil, corn, and garlic mashed potatoes
Evening Snack - split a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich w/ 3ft and some Frosted Mini-Wheats (no milk)

total calories = 1399
total days = 31
total pounds lost = 11.3

No comments: