Monday, August 2, 2010

Busy Busy.

I seriously need a weekend from my weekend. It was action packed.

I had to:

on Saturday--
sweep and mop the kitchen
get all my shopping done (involves: Safeway, Target, and Costco)
do laundry
torture my husband
do some web design and graphics work
use a potato peeler to make paper thin potato slices of 4 large potatoes and marinate them in jalapenos for dinner on Sunday

On Sunday--
do more laundry
do some web design and graphics work
make Lemon Angel's Food Mini-Cakes
make Berry Sorbet
mix in the spices and sauces into the hamburger for dinner (my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and niece came a' visitin')
go swimming
prepare delicious dinner for fabulous guests and then consume it
throw together the yummy dessert for mentioned guests and then of course we had to eat that too.

So, like I said, hugely busy. The only low point was that I marinated potato slices in jalapenos for 24 hours hoping to make jalapeno flavored chips. Yeah, that didn't work out so well. They tasted like plain chips (which were still delicious but I had my heart set on jalapeno you know?) with a little (we're talking minuscule) kick to them. So that was kind of a bummer. Oh, we still ate them all... but it just wasn't what I was hoping for. Back to the drawing board on making them jalapeno flavored. I looked all around for jalapeno seasoning, some sort of powder or something, that I could sprinkle on to the potatoes after they cooked but to no avail. I shall continue my search of said miracle product.

Yesterday was my day off from exercising. But instead of lounging on the couch and making my husband be my slave boy (if only that were even remotely possible. I have visions of him dressed as Slave Princess Leia -- don't ask, I'm weird.) I took 3ft swimming with my family in tow. We tried to drown 3ft and my 9-year-old niece, we played water volleyball with a beach ball, we threw water ball bombs (you know the squishy balls that suck up water and splash when you hit something with them) as hard as we could at each other (well the adults anyways -- we were a little kinder to the kids. There was no crying at the pool) and generally caused mayhem and madness for a couple hours at the poolside. I probably burned a ka-ton of calories. So, so much for my day off.

--Previous Day Tracking --

Exercise - Day Off but spent 2 1/2 hours swimming and goofing around at the pool.

Water - Day 50 of no soda.

Meals:
Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, piece of toast, and sliced bananas
Lunch - Cajun Chicken and Roast Beef Sandwich and 2 pickle spears
Mid-Afternoon Snack - Nature Valley Oat and Honey Crunchy Granola Bars
Dinner - Hamburger, Microwave Kettle Chips, Mixed Veggies, Lemon Angel's Food Cake, and Berry Sorbet

total calories = approx. 1387
total days = 55
total pounds lost = 20.7

6 comments:

Angie said...

Hm, there *must* be some sort of jalapeno seasoning out there. I'll look around too. ;)

Anonymous said...

Possibly, check a few of the mexican specialty stores, I'm almost positive that my daughters have had some at one point or another and their mom shops at those stores for a bunch of stuff. Good luck. :)

Lisa Dovichi said...

Angie -- that'd be awesome. If you run across some let me know where so I can get it.

Anon -- you know, that's a great suggestion. Thanks. :D

Angie said...

I went poking around the internets, cuz I'm just that sweet and kind, and I found these:

All-purpose jalapeno seasoning

And popcorn seasoning - which might work well for potatoes too.

You're welcome. :-P

Lisa Dovichi said...

Who's an awesome dork? :D

Angie said...

That would be me. :D