Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cereal Shake Up

I finally got tired of FiberOne Honey Cluster cereal. After having eaten it everyday for pretty much 4 months I don't think I could eat another flake. I tend to do that, eat something to death and then don't eat it again for a long time. So I've moved on to Kashi GoLean Crunch. I'd had it suggested to me by an old friend awhile back, but I was still loving the Honey Cluster, so I put it off. So, I bought a box and it's actually not that bad. It's not Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Frosted Flakes (Mmmm) but then again what healthy cereal is? I slice up a half banana to add to it and pour a 1/2 cup of homemade almond milk over the top of it and munch it down. I find that it keeps me fuller longer with the protein/fiber combo instead of just the extra fiber of FiberOne. And since I've been jogging everyday, that's a good thing.

I experimented with my take on a Reuben Sandwich yesterday. Sort of gave it a makeover to make it a little better for you. I made homemade sour coleslaw instead of sauerkraut and then I used a ham/turkey meat combination with a slice of 2% Provolone cheese and stuck it in the oven. It turned out pretty freaking delicious. I'm going to have it for lunch again today. I made my friend Riana, who came over for lunch with her munchkins yesterday, try it too and she said it was really good. I think her favorite part of lunch was the S'more Brownie I "forced" her to eat, though.

I've decided I really like jogging. Granted because the husband is working overtime a lot and the weather being cold I've been jogging in place, indoors, on the Wii Fit but I jog pretty fast and do a lot of sweating so I figure it's just as good. Plus I can do it while the Grumpybutt takes his morning nap. So I've been jogging for 30 minutes 5 days a week (taking the weekends off -- too hard to do it with all the boys underfoot and at night I'm too tired) and jogging a little further everyday, according to Wii Fit.

2 comments:

Turkey Girl said...

I believe Kashi makes the blueberry crunch that I love! The kiddos like the cinnamon Heart to Heart cereal by Kashi as well. I usually pick up whatever is on sale in the 'Healthy/Natural cereal section.'

Lisa Dovichi said...

Mmm blueberry crunch sounds good. They didn't have that at Costco they only had the GoLean Crunch, but it's pretty good. I'll have to keep my eyes out for the blueberry. :D