Friday, July 20, 2012

And So It Begins...

*hangs head in shame*

I went to Walmart yesterday with my Mom. I couldn't resist the urge or the impulse. I bought DIY craft supplies for a couple of ideas I had.

On the left we have what is going to be spice shelves when I'm done with it. I have like zero counter space. I also have a rickety Lazy Susan that is falling apart. The screws are mostly missing and it doesn't spin anymore. Well spice bottles are small, so I'm going to paint and transform these three paint stirring sticks into three spice shelves (or two - one deep one and one shallow one). One for above my stove for the stuff I use ALL THE TIME, and then the other two on the wall where the Lazy Susan is currently laying down on her job. I will have counter. I will have organization. I will not have a hoopty Susan anymore.

On the right are a pair of really cute Mary Jane sandals I'd found that were on sale. I'm not very girly except where my feet are concerned. I get a pedicure at least once a month with some neon eye catching color for my toes and I like jeweled sandals and flip flops to attract attention to my feet. I hate feet. I don't even think mine are particularly attractive (no feet are) but I cannot resist the urge for bling on my feet for whatever reason. So I got acrylic gems and craft glue to make my plain Mary Jane's fabulous with bling. I hate feet but that's where I'm getting my next tattoo -- three little feet on the top of my left foot. One foot for each kid. Like footsteps, right, left, right -- two boys and a girl (and on my left foot cuz I'm a girl.) Coincidentally -- that's my one of my goal's reward. Lose 100 lbs get a tattoo. Anyway. I digress...

It was like a flood gate. Once I thought of the spice shelf idea and bought the stuff I couldn't stop myself. Thank bob my mom found me and put a stop to my madness otherwise there is no telling what all would've jumped into my cart.

Yesterday's Food

Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/ strawberries, blueberries, and banana slices
Iced Coffee

Lunch:
Went to Fresh Choice with my Mom. I did not eat the pizza, muffins, or ice cream. I did eat a lot of Ratatouille, salad, and some whole wheat pita chips with Hummus. When my mom and 4ft went for ice cream I went for another bowl of Ratatouille.

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Vegetable Stir-fry and Roasted Herb Pork Tenderloin

No comments: