Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Caaa-razy Days

I did NOT forget about blogging and I did NOT fall off the healthy wagon (which is usually the case when I remain silent for too long), I have just been crazy busy. I kept saying I need to blog, I'll do it in a minute and then it would be the next day. Bad Lisa.

I had a TON of work to catch up on since I so casually frolicked off to San Diego to gain a pound at SeaWorld (bitter? me? Noooooooo.) And hooray for me that I caught up to my usual -- harried still have stuff pending -- it feels great to not be buried.

I started some new DIY projects because it's an addiction -- once you catch the bug you just CAN NOT stop! Add in my ADD and you have a LOT of unfinished projects going. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to paint on my paint stick spice shelves. And when 4ft got a bird feeder kit to build and paint (he caught the bug too and the ADD because it's not finished yet), I got a couple of plain wooden frames (three) and sun catchers (three) to which I'm painting them, putting a picture of each munchkin in them and putting them up. I couldn't resist. Oh and I got another pair of shoes to bling out too.

Last night I decided to make eggplant casserole or lasagna probably would be more apt as I built it as one. Layer of marinara, eggplant (that I grilled with a little olive oil and salt and pepper), a little ricotta (which I'd probably omit the next time I make it), and real Parmesan cheese mixed with some Mozzarella (not a lot just a sprinkling -- maybe a cup total for the whole dish). Times this by 3 layers in an 8x8 glass square dish and you've got deliciousness that is totally good for you too. I definitely recommend.

Crazy busy is working for me. I'm so busy staring new projects and digging myself out of my avalanche of work I don't have time to boredom eat. So that's a total check in the win column, right?

No comments: