Friday, August 3, 2012

What Happened to Thursday?

Another fail. I can't even say I was all that busy. I did think a time or two, "I need to blog," but then I'd get distracted by something shiny. Yeah it was that kind of day yesterday.

The Snugglebear had her 6 month Well Baby appointment yesterday. Can you believe it's been 6 months already? Where does the time go? Next thing you know 4ft will be in college. Sheesh. Anyway, the doctor confirmed what the Husband and I already knew, she's perfect. She is now 26 inches long, 16lbs 12oz, and is perfectly proportioned weight to height and is in the 50th percentile. She's also a little advanced in her fine motor skills and the little booger is already trying to army crawl. Someone tell that girl she's ONLY 6 months old. I'm not ready to chase her down yet. I still have to chase the Grumpybutt.

So to make my life easier and cuz she loves me (or maybe she didn't want to listen to me whine anymore), my mom came up with my sister in tow and kept the boys for me so I could just run Snugglebear over and wouldn't have to battle the Grumpybutt while trying to do the baby girl's doc appointment. After I got home we loaded up everyone in my awesome van that I still love even though I have like 50 more car payments to make on it, and went out to BJ's for lunch. My absolute favorite thing to get there is the pulled pork barbecue sandwich and extra crispy thin fries (um please just add the fat to my butt and thighs, k thanx bye). But what I got was soup (chicken tortilla -- so yummy) and salad. Hooray for healthy eating choices.

Then to celebrate Snugglebear's awesome check up and commiserate her three shots we went over to Babies "R" Us and got her an exersaucer, a new outfit, and a infant toothbrush (you wear it over your finger and brush their teeth) -- cuz yes, Snugglebear's got her two bottom teeth in. The exersaucer came in a box that said, "Some adult assembly required" -- it lied.  There was A LOT of adult assembly required. Between 4ft, the Grumpybutt, and I we finally got it put together (It might have been easier if I'd done it myself but where's the "fun" in that?).

Totally worth it -- she loves it!
Last night for dinner I made Blackened Tilapia. OMG! It might be my new favorite way to cook fish. I mixed together: 1 tbs onion powder, 1 tsp season-all salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tbs paprika, 1 1/2 tbs chili powder, 1 tsp dried thyme, and 1 tsp oregano in a dish. I sprayed the fish with olive oil from my Misto (the most awesome gadget ever created. Okay maybe not the most awesome but I totally love it) and then liberally coated the fish in the seasoning (I put the extra in a Ziploc bag to use again -- it made a lot). Put it in my toaster oven on Broil for 20 minutes. Let it rest for about 5, then squeezed lemon juice on it. 

Heaven on a plate!

No comments: