Saturday, August 25, 2012

Company Picnic

Meatball sandwich says, "Don't I look delicious? She ate me for lunch yesterday."

Yesterday was the husband's annual summer company picnic, so I packed up Grumpybutt and Snugglebear then snagged 4ft from school and we drove to Redwood City (which is where the hubs works). The weather was great. The boys were excited for the bounce houses and I brought a big blanket and found some shade under the trees and Snugglebear and I played. It was a lot of fun. Of course Snugglebear got a lot of attention because she's so freaking cute.

My family -- aren't they cute? And impossible to get everyone to look at the camera and smile!

How much cookie can I shove in my mouth at once?

Someone is a cheese when the camera's out. I'm not naming any names though!

Snugglebear loves her some Grumpybutt. At this point 4ft is going out of his way to be in pictures but not IN them.

The food was pretty good. There was tri tip, chicken, and hot dogs and then potato salad, mac n cheese, and fresh fruit. Normally they have a green salad but they didn't this year which was a total bummer. So I had a few pieces of tri tip and some chicken, a little helping of potato salad, and some fruit. When we got home, I was so unhappy with the food choices I'd had (I wished they'd had some vegetables or healthier stuff, you know?) that I wanted to eat. Luckily, I don't have any ice cream, cake, or candy bars in the house because that's what I wanted. I battled myself all evening but stayed out of the cupboards.

This morning before I got on the scale (I get on it every morning), I had a pep talk with myself that yesterday was my splurge meal and whatever the scale says, it's not a big deal. This is lifetime. One meal in a lifetime just isn't that big a deal on the grand scheme of things. I stepped on the scale and it was .3 less than it was yesterday. That made me even more proud I'd stayed out of the cupboards last night. 

No comments: