Tuesday, August 28, 2012

He Did It Again...

The Husband has taken Horrible Movie Monday Night to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL! I'm not sure that's such a good thing. He has embraced the "Horrible" and ran with it. Ran. With. It.



Last night's gem was called The FP.

A moment of silence while I try to form my thoughts into words and actually give a small synopsis of the movie. I'm just telling you now that words can NOT do it justice. To see it is to believe it. Seriously.

...
....
......

The FP is about two rival gangs fighting over Frazier Park in a future post-apocalyptic world by playing Beat-Beat Revelation (which is basically Dance Dance Revolution). Think "8-Mile" type thugs ('cept 85% of the characters are total "white boys") with mouths to match (which is hilarious coming out of some of these actors mouths) and instead of doing rap they do DANCE OFFS. I'm going to let that sink in for a second.

...
....
......
Ready for more?

The "bad" gang won the control of the FP (in the beginning of the movie) and the leader owns the only liquor store -- so they have alcohol under their control. So now alcoholics are turning to Meth and no one can drink without the "bad" gangs permission.

The "good" gang wants to regain control over the FP so alcohol can flow like a river -- because, don't you know, without alcoholics there are no bums, without bums no one is feeding the ducks, and so all the ducks left and "What's a town without ducks?" I kid you not -- almost word for word a line from the movie.

Yes. Feel my pain. But it gets better.

The lead character of the "good" gang looks like Kurt Russell as Snake Pliskin from Escape From New York complete with eye-patch but he wears sequined stars on his back, a belt buckle that flashes his name, and ginormous blue moon-type boots. Oh, and there is a love story too -- such as it is. The guy gets the girl but you're sitting there thinking, "Why would you want her?"

Words fail me. Really. The Husband LAUGHED the entire way through the movie. I sat and mostly got dumber for having watched it.

After the movie was over my husband says, "Ha! Top that!"

I don't know if I can and do I really want too?

No comments: